- INFORMATION WE COLLECT, RECEIVE AND HOST
- Account and Profile Information: When you use our Services we may require and use certain information such as a valid email address and password. In addition, users may create a profile that includes information such as their geography, first and last name, gender, phone number, interests and associated information, including photos they may wish to upload. Any information users share in publicly-available profiles is their own responsibility. You should carefully consider the risks of making certain personal information—particularly information such as address or precise location information—publicly available. Where a user has decided to login to our site using a third-party authentication service such as Facebook Connect, we may also receive additional profile or other information authorized by that provider.
- Listings and Transactions: We may host the information, including personal information and contact information, valid contact information and password necessary to provide our Services. Much of the same information used to create an account or profile may be required to post a listing. Any information users share in listings is their own responsibility. Like with profiles, users should carefully consider the risks of making certain personal information—particularly information such as address or precise location information—publicly available in a listing.
- Games, Advertising and Promotions: We may collect personal information such as your name and contact information when you participate in games, quizzes or other marketing promotions we sponsor on our site or on third-party sites. We may also process information related to the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, including what ads are viewed and clicked either on our network or on third-party sites.
- Customer Care: When you contact our customer care department, we may collect the personal information necessary to fulfil your request and to contact you for follow up as needed. We may also contact you using existing account contact information you provide to us for this purpose. We may also collect other information about our communications with our users, for example any user support requests that our users make or any feedback that our users provide to us.
- Website and Mobile Data: We may automatically receive and log information on our servers from your browser or device including your IP address, software and hardware attributes, pages that you request, mobile identifiers, information about app usage, and other device or systems-level information. This can occur on our website or mobile app, or on third parties’ services.
- Appended Information: We may also append information we lawfully obtain from business partners or third parties to existing data we hold about our users.
- IP ADDRESS, COOKIES & MOBILE IDENTIFIERS
- We may collect certain information through technology like cookies, pixels and local storage (like on your browser or device). Cookies are small text files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device locally. Pixels are small images that are part of codes on WebPages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage and often is used in connection with cookies. The code tracks if and when (and on which page) a pixel is loaded to indicate that a user has engaged with a specific screen or portion of a screen.
- With the help of cookies, the web server can save, for instance, preferences and settings on the user’s computer, mobile phone or other device which are then automatically restored on the next visit. Or to put it another way, the cookies are used, among other things, to make the use of the site more user-friendly so that, for instance, you do not have to repeat the log-in process when you visit again. We use both persistent cookies and session cookies. Whereas persistent cookies remain on your computer for a longer period of time, session cookies are automatically deleted when the browser window is closed.
- USE OF THIS INFORMATION
- To provide our service we may use the information we collect and host for the following general purposes:
(i) To provide customer services, including creating and managing user accounts, to resolve technical difficulties and to enable features;
(ii) To customize offers and experiences, including advertising on our properties or third parties’ properties;
(iii) To monitor general and individual user activity, such as keyword searches, postings and transactional activity, and to manage traffic on the Website;
(iv)To contact our users, including for service matters, customer care or permitted marketing communications via any available communications channels;
(v) To undertake research initiatives and to perform analytics to improve our services; and
- We may retain information that we collect and observe on our network only for as long as is required to fulfil the above business objectives.
- INFORMATION SHARING
- We do not share personal information about our users with
non-affiliated third parties unless we have our users’ specific permission to
do so, or in the following circumstances:
- We reserve the right to share information with private or public authorities that will enable us to fight fraud and abuse on our network, to investigate suspected violations of law, or to fight any other suspected breach of our terms of service.
- We may share personal information with government authorities as required by applicable law.
- As a matter of policy we do not rent or sell personal information about our users with non-affiliated third parties unless we have our users’ specific permission to do so. In the event that our business or a division of our business is reorganized or sold and we transfer all or substantially all of our assets to a new owner, your personal information may be transferred to the buyer to enable continuity of service.
- We may share certain non-personal information (data that does not identify our users individually) with third-party service providers, trusted partners or approved researchers in order to better understand what advertisements or services may interest you, to improve the overall quality and effectiveness of our services or their services, or to contribute to academic research that we believe is of broader social benefit.
- USER CONTROLS
- Access, Correction and Deletion: For users that have created an account or listing with us, you can access, correct or delete your personal information by writing to us via our Contact Form. You are responsible for keeping the data you provide or post on our network accurate. If your account was created through an identity provider (e.g. Facebook Connect) you may also disable or change the account information through the settings offered by the identity provider (e.g. on Facebook.com).
- Third Party Choice: Certain third parties active on our site, e.g. Google Adwords, give you the ability to opt out of their collection and use of information for interest-based advertising. You can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com. Or http://www.networkadvertising.org to learn more about this practice and to exercise choices over how this type of information may be collected and used.
- Cookies: Most major desktop and mobile web browsers (e.g Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Opera) provide controls that allow you to limit or block the setting of cookies on your systems. Note that disabling cookies in your browser for either first-party domains (the sites you actively visit) or third-party domains (companies other than those you directly visit on the Web) may result in decreased functionality in certain instances.
All information we collect is protected by reasonable technical means and reasonable security procedures in order to prevent unauthorized access or use of data. Our affiliates, trusted partners and third-party service providers have committed to manage the information in accordance with our requirements for security and privacy.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACT INFORMATION
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will Vehicle.com.ng request for my account details especially my pin code?
Vehicle.com.ng will never request for the pin code to your account on our website or app. Please beware of anyone posing as a Vehicle.com.ng Staff or Agent asking for your pin code. Always protect the pin code to your VEHICLE.COM.NG account and do not share this information with anyone. As soon as you are contacted by anyone requesting this information, please send us a message here
Why is my Ad not yet live?
You ad might have been deleted for a number of reasons, Please read our posting rules and items not allowed
How do I post my ad?
Posting an ad is quick and very easy, please read how to post an ad here.
Why can’t I find all the images I posted along with my ad?
- Images of children
- Images portraying nudity
- Watermarked Images
- Images with third party website address / URL
Why was my ad text edited?
The quality of ads posted on our platform matter a lot to us. As a result, we are focused on ensuring that ads posted have really good all-round quality in terms of image, title and description. A badly, punctuated ad, with wrong spelling can really work against an ad and sometimes, even change its meaning. We are here to help! We have edited the ad and corrected the typographical errors on your behalf.
Why was my ad deleted (Bad Price)
Your ad may have been deleted because the price quoted is below or above its current market value. Please ensure that the price for your item is reflective of its market value. One more thing- Input only numbers in the space provided for price. Do not format the price with spaces, punctuation marks or other special characters. For instance, an ad priced at Forty Five Thousand Naira, should state “45000” in the price box. Not “45”, “45k”, “45,000.00”. To learn more, read our tips for creating a great ad.
Post an attractive title and include the name of the item. Avoid characters like %, #, , @, Etc. and CAPITAL LETTERS
Be very descriptive and concise with the item you’re selling. Remember: a great description attracts more buyers to your ad
Upload clear and actual pictures of the product (Pictures from the internet are prohibited). Remember great pictures get 5 times more views!
Avoid punctuation marks when inputting the figures. When you add commas, the price comes up incorrectly.
To make sure everything is above board please read our posting rules
Some things are just non-negotiable. These rules are some of them:
- Photos shouldn’t have any watermarks.
- Make sure that your photos are suitable and appropriate to the item, product or service being advertised.
- No stock images allowed in all categories unless you’re a buyer posting an ad looking for a particular item, or you’re posting in the for the Jobs category and vacation rentals sub-category.
- All items and services must be available in Nigeria.
- All items and products considered to be illegal are prohibited. See list of prohibited items.
- Multi-Level Marketing jobs are prohibited.
- All ads must be clear, factual and not offensive in any way.
- All items must be posted separately, except for sets e.g. bolt and nut.
- Ads must have clear and factual descriptions. In the end, you’re trying to sell something.
- Ads that link to third party websites in aren’t allowed e.g including website links in adverts.
- Duplicated adverts are not allowed.
- Ads looking for friendship, relationships or donations aren’t allowed either. There are other websites for things like that.
Items not allowed on Vehicle.com.ng
The following are items that are prohibited on VEHICLE.COM.NG:
Firearms and ammunition
Fireworks and derivatives
Human Organs are forbidden on VEHICLE.COM.NG Free to air decoders are not allowed
Money Transactions: Ads or services offering, Illegal/Pirated copies & any products, or the exchange of any legal tender services, or images relating to beIn Sports
Natural Products that claim to cure diseases Pyramid Schemes / Multi-level Marketing
Equipment for games of chance e.g Images that are downloaded from the Lottery/Slot machine internet (Stock photos)
Tarot Services Horoscopes and Voodoo.
All forms of Medication are not allowed
How long will my ads appear on Vehicle.com.ng?
All ads remain on the Vehicle.com.ng for 60 days before you’re prompted to republish the ad for another 30 days. After those additional 30 days are up, it automatically gets deleted. Republishing, however, doesn’t mean it will jump to the top of the list. With that said, it will still be seen by some interested buyers in their “Recommended for you” section.
You also have the option of deleting the ad or mark your ad as sold after the product or service has been sold. We suggest simply marking it as “SOLD” as that lets buyers know you’re a trustworthy person to buy from.
If your item was not sold after 90 days, we suggest taking a look at the ad, editing the title, price or description and adding more photos to increase your chances to sell your item faster. You can compare your item with similar items posted on Vehicle.com.ng. Once you’ve figured out the winning formula, post a new ad Vehicle.com.ng is offering a world-class platform for you to buy and sell goods from real people near you in an even safer, faster and easier way than before.